Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Say My Name, Say My Name

Today I was putting away all of the laundry I did yesterday (yup, there was that much).  Throughout the process I would find that I had accidentally mixed up an article or two of clothing in everyone's piles.  I would hand the article to Elysse and state which room it should be brought to and she would diligently place it in the room where it belonged.  While in Audrey's room Elysse kept taking items that I already had on hangers and would state loudly "cease."  Surely my almost two-year-old wasn't telling me to stop hanging up clothing, right? After several more times of "cease" I told her I simply did not understand what she was saying to me.

Then it dawned on me...

She would hold up the hanger and ask "Seeysse?"  She wanted to know if the shirt belonged to her and it was the first time I heard her say her own name.  Instead of hearing Elysse she would say "Seeysse" (sounds like cease).

No comments: