Monday, August 30, 2010

Vocabulary

Audrey is developing quite the vocabulary. She uses rather large complex words in sentences and often uses them correctly. On occasion however she tries to use a word or phrase that doesn't make sense in her sentences. Other times she mixes the words up completely but those are the ones I love the most.

Correctly Used:
Appreciate
Appropriate
Opportunity

Used incorrectly:
"That's the whole point"

Mixed-up:
For those of you that aren't too familiar with the movie Bolt. Bolt is a dog that gets separated from his person by being shipped to New York. Bolt then makes it from New York back to Hollywood.

Audrey calls New York - You Nork (I wouldn't let Nathan correct her because it is so cute)!

Stories I probably shouldn't tell:
When Audrey was in the hospital last time I had to call my physical therapist to cancel my appointment. When I got off the phone Audrey asked if my physical therapist pisses people off. I kept a very straight face and informed her that my PT is very nice and she helps people. "But mom, you said theraPISSED."

Audrey was trying to use the word moron in a sentence (this is one that she uses incorrectly). Nathan then asked what a moron is - I responded that a moron is someone that can't drive. (Guess I need to settle down when I am driving, especially with the kids)

1 comment:

Karen said...

Thank you for having this blog. I love seeing pictures of Nathan, Audrey and Elysse and hearing about their activities.

I Miss all of you so much!!!!