Right now Ryan and Audrey are in the hospital. I noticed after church today that Audrey felt hot, I took her temperature and within an hour she was being admitted to the hospital. Her fever is now gone but she is staying over night to get antibiotics. We expect that she will be released tomorrow afternoon.
UPDATE: Audrey's numbers have dropped and we will be in the hospital for awhile. I would love to say we are going home tomorrow but we will have to wait and see.
ADDITIONAL UPDATE: We were told on Tuesday that we would have to stay another night. Audrey wasn't thrilled but she was going to be okay. I, on the other hand, felt miserable, another 24 hours apart as a family. I asked Dr. Beaty if he would be willing to take Audrey's blood counts again at 2 p.m. He smiled and said that he would do that for me. At 2 p.m. her numbers were up!!! They released us. Wednesday morning Audrey's fever was back. We went into the clinic had x-rays and she was given antibiotics in her IV. Within an hour her fever disappeared without any fever medication. We were lucky not to be readmitted to the hospital. Instead we were given oral antibiotics (as the x-ray showed it looked like she was beginning to form pnemonia). Today we just stayed home. We have been fever free all day.