Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween 2010



Since Halloween falls on Sunday this year we will not be Trick or Treating in the normal door to door way we generally do in our neighborhood. Instead, we had a fun fall festival at church. In the past we have attended the church fall festival and also went trick or treating; however, we explained to the kids that we will not be doing that this year because Halloween falls on the Sabbath. To our surprise, they were completely fine with it. We had a great time. There was a chili contest, games for kids, trick or treating in classrooms and in the hall, a haunted house, prizes and awards for games and costumes, etc. They ate way too much candy and stayed up too late but that is sort of what it is all about, right?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Same here, but there were a few tears when the 'no trick or treating' was announced. We had a great time at our trunk or treat last night and I won 2nd place in the chili cook off! :)

The Buckley Family said...

Eleanore thought the trunk or treat was all Halloween had to offer and we went with it. Don't know how long we'll get away with that. Your kids look DARLING!

Ruth said...

I can see you're using your new camera! Nice pictures.

maureen6545@gmail.com said...

Costumes were just right. Fearless Firefighter, Cupcake Princess and Cutest Pumpkin ever.

Karen said...

Dad and I both looked at you blog tonight. We love seeing and hearing about what your family has been up to. The kids looked so cute in their costumes. Dad said "I wish I could get my hands on those kids." which I hear almost everyday. We love and miss you all.

Jeanae and Mike said...

They are adorable - like always! LOVE the costumes! Our kids trick-or-treated twice, and neither was on the actual day! Miss you!

Carrie said...

Love the pictures and costumes!!! I was so glad when given the option Jake chose not to trick or treat. I wish we had a chili cook off (we were freezing outside in the dark @ our Ward's fall festival) some chili would have warmed us up!

Carrie said...

One more thing...I read the comment about the new camera-I thought some thing was crisper in your photos. I am soooo jealous! :)