Monday, December 7, 2009

Almost Normal

This weekend was wonderful. Friday morning started out very interesting. I walked into the kitchen early in the morning to see that Nathan thought he would make himself breakfast - a/k/a peanut butter sandwich. He was giggling so hard I thought he was going to fall off the chair. The funny thing is that he wouldn't finish his sandwich claiming it was "spicy" (the bread had cracked wheat on the crust). I spent a few hours during the day baking peanut butter kiss cookies with Audrey. On Friday night I was able to spend time with some of my very good friends. Thank you all so much, I really needed it. On Saturday evening we asked Sandy to stay at our house with Audrey while Ryan and I took Nathan on a date. We met up with some friends and had a great time. On Sunday we put up some Christmas decorations and put the kids in their coats so we could go outside and look at our lights. It was wonderful!!

Notice how dark it is outside the window? That is how early Nathan wakes up each morning!

Audrey was unwrapping the kisses to put on top of the cookies and absentmindedly placed one in her mouth! She actually tried to give it back... (This is the first phase hair cut - she is now bald).

We have had our Christmas tree up for over a month decorating for while Steve, Rosie and the kids were here. So I didn't think that I would put up any more decorations, especially lights outside. I decided just to go ahead and do it and guess what, it was a wonderful idea. Putting up the lights was so exciting and brought up so many good memories that I am so happy I went with the idea. Christmas - the whole season - is magical no matter what is going on in your life.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I am so glad you all were able to relax and enjoy family, friends, and the holiday season. We are thinking about coming up to Asheville one day over Christmas break. I will call you and let you know if we get up that way. We would love to see you!

Rachel said...

Juat wanted to let you know I've been thinking about ya! That's great that you were about to enjoy some down time with family and friends. I hope you continue to have little breaks like this throughout the Christmas season!

Karen said...

I can just hear Nathan say "I can make it myself."
Audrey has the right idea about helping to make cookies. Every good cook has to to some tasting once in a while.
Hope that the next few weeks goes smoothly for all of you.