Thursday, November 12, 2009

Latest

Most of the information is still the same. I requested some scheduling changes and they have been able to accommodate. On Monday, November 16th Audrey is scheduled to have her port surgically implanted. This is where she will receive her chemo treatments and blood can be drawn, etc. This is a learning process for us as we recently learned that for the first couple treatments she will have to stay in the hospital at least over night. Because of this knowledge and the fact that we as a family are dealing with all of the changes - Nathan is especially having a hard time and even had a breakdown at school earlier this week - we are requesting that the chemo treatments start Friday, November 20th. This way Ryan will be home with Nathan. Dr. Beaty indicated that if the finally pathology comes back indicating an urgency we will have to begin chemotherapy before Friday.

This weekend Steve, Rosie and the kids will be coming to spend a weekend with us before Audrey's treatments start. Because we will not be able to travel for some time (meaning my first Christmas in my 28 years I will not be in MI for Christmas) we will be celebrating Christmas with the cousins this weekend.

One day a few weeks ago I was talking and crying with my mom and semi-out of nowhere she said, "You know, I think next year is going to be a great year for our family." That is a lot of what I have been focusing on lately - next year is going to be great! Thanks Mom!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I'm so sad that all of this is happening and that it happened so quickly. Changes like this are never easy, but I did want to say that I'm so glad that Shem and I got to come and visit this summer. Your kids are so cute and I loved how Audrey called me the "other mommy" in church. :) It was suprising to see how open she is with people and how independant she is. Good luck with treatments and I do hope that she stays as healthy as possible.

Love, Ruth

Carrie said...

We are praying for you all everyday. If you ever need to cry, laugh, vent...anything call me! You have listened to me a time or two and I am more than willing to repay the favor. Remember that Heavenly Father never gives us more than we can bare (bear? I tried both and neither looked right..it is late and I can't spell while drowsy). You are one of the strongest women I know. You are a rock to all those around you. If you ever need a very small pebble of a friend (I am really working on not being such a slacker friend. I am trying to be a rock like you), I am here. I love you my friend. Audrey is going to be such a trooper with all this. She is such a sweet little girl with a big heart. She is strong just like her mommy.

Beadles said...

Hmmm, strong or bull headed and sassy?