Friday, May 28, 2010

Soldier

This morning I can't help but feel like a soldier preparing to go off to war. I am completely unsure about the outcome; yet, I know in my heart that I am doing the right thing. I suppose this is fitting as we are upon Memorial Weekend. I am so grateful for the freedoms I possess and the opportunity I have to live in this wonderful country. We are not without mistakes and problems. However, I could not imagine living anywhere else.

As I march off into the unknown I am so thankful for the family I have. For the wonderful, patient, loving husband I have been blessed with. I love him with all of my heart and will eternally. I have two magnificent children. Nathan who has always loved me more than life itself. I truly have never experienced a love like Nathan possesses for me. Audrey is a beautiful, strong, independent little girl who has taught me that we do not simply roll with what we have been given. We embrace all that we are dealt, we learn and grow with it. Surely I do not forget all of my friends and family across the country that continually support me and my family. Family and friends are the essence of life.

No matter what the outcome today, I am blessed, loved and have a knowledge that we have a Father in Heaven that knows us, loves us and as the perfect parent, wants all that is good for us. Happy Birthday Zachary! I hope you are okay with sharing your birthday with your youngest cousin!

4 comments:

Rosie and Steve Beadle said...

We love you guys very much and are so blessed to have you in our family as well!! Zachary can't wait to share his birthday with his new cousin!!!

The Buckley Family said...

I am sure all will go well today. I felt the same strange feelings the morning I went to deliver the twins. It is a scarey thing...esp. with such a small baby coming, but you'll do great!

maureen6545@gmail.com said...

I share your testimony of the Savior and His love for us. I know He has been with Audrey these last months and has cared for your family when you couldn't. I'm going this morning to get my new grandma emerald for Elysse added to my bracelet.

Carrie said...

I have been thinking about you and your family all day...We love you! Can't wait for an update on how you all are doing! As always you are in my prayers. Happy Birthday Elysse!:)