Saturday, June 23, 2012

All Hail Pinterest

Okay, so I fought it for a long time.  My friend, Christi, tried to get me hooked on Pinterest back when I was living in Asheville.  I am not one for social networking and spending more time on the internet than I need.  After we realized what our new life situation would be = in Naples + Ryan working many hours a day, I decided it was time that I find a "hobby" or something to occupy the couple of extra hours per day that I now have.

I am not a crazy Pinterester as I don't spend wild amounts of time pinning things that I will never have time or actual desire to do.  It is a great place to go for ideas and I have enjoyed it.  Here are some things I have pinned and tried.

 When we moved in we sort of added all of these dark spots to the carpet from grease, dirt and moving things up the stairs.  I found a cleaning secret on Pinterest - mix one part ammonia to one part water, spray onto dirty carpet, cover with white towel, iron over top of towel, stain pulls out.  Totally worked, Ryan was impressed.  Sorry I don't have an after picture here...
 Father's Day gift idea for Ryan.  We had a strict $20 budget.  We bought (and returned) the letters from JoAnn's, bought frame from Wal-Mart and printed pictures at Sam's Club and came in under budget!  
These are the kids new favorite cookies.  So simple - strawberry cake mix, 1 egg, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup oil, roll into balls, place on cookie sheet 350 for 11 minutes.  Seriously so easy, so sweet, so good, so gone...  Also experimented with Devil's Food Cake they turned out but I had to up the water and oil to 1/3 cup. 

There are other food items I tried as well but no pictures to back them up.  I have done some puzzles for Elysse's church bag.  It is fun getting ideas and trying new things out.  Thanks Christi!

4 comments:

maureen6545@gmail.com said...

I'm gonna try the spot lifter and report back - sometime. Have to find that iron first. HA

Kathy said...

I miss you

Christi said...

Humm I will have to try the spot cleaner out. I also loved and laughed at the fact that you returned the letters! Almost all of girls camp was pintrest and all of the luau party at Alex's work is pintrest. It will all be very pintresting.

Rosie and Steve Beadle said...

I love PINTEREST!!!