Friday, March 12, 2010

Lunch Date

Ryan often has lunch dates with other professionals from the area for business purposes. Last night he was telling me about the guy he met for lunch and said that we have very similar stories.

This guy and his wife had two children. While their second child was still young they found out that the child had a genetic disorder that he and his wife passed on. They day after the child was diagnosed they found out that they were expecting another baby. Had they known they were carriers of a genetic disorder they would have decided not to have any more children. However, they looked at the pregnancy as a blessing and felt that this child was suppose to be part of their family. They were also given a percentage chance that the baby would have the same disorder - 25%. The baby came and sure enough it too had the same disorder.

I am sure you can follow my thought process from here...

UPDATE: JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THE BLOOD TESTS RYAN AND I TOOK BACK IN NOVEMBER CAME BACK. IT INDICATES THAT AUDREY'S TUMOR WAS SPONTANEOUS AND THAT WE DID NOT GENETICALLY PASS THIS TO HER.

1 comment:

The Buckley Family said...

Tonya, I've been following your blog. Every time I read it, I stop and say a little prayer for Audrey. I can't imagine all your family is going through, and I am sure your emotions are running wild with the pregnancy too. We love you guys. I too wish that we lived closer and our kids could all play.