Sunday, February 14, 2010

Still Waiting

We do not have any definitive answers as to what is causing Audry to have blood in her urine. Last night she was given platelets. The blood has either slowed or completely stopped. However she still has pain when she urinates. We are supposed to have answers - at least preliminary - this afternoon. She also had a blood transfusion this morning.

I had to be the "mean mother bear" last night. We requested pain medication from the nurse and waited 2 1/2 hours. I spoke with the resident and told her I felt like we were getting the weekend brush off. She had the doctor on call, call me directly to discuss some of my concerns. I was very blunt, concerned and stated my case well. I even threatened to take her back to Asheville if we had to wait for this that and the other thing until Monday. After telling the Dr. that I was about ready to drive to Walgreen's to buy Audrey Tylenol myself the nurse came to the room with what we had requested hours before.

I am so grateful the bleeding has stopped. Now I am ready for answers.


Carrie said...

I haven't been blogging for a couple of weeks and I had a minute so I had to check your blog to see how you all were doing. I hope all these extra complications and concerns get taken care of quickly! I am saying extra prayers for you all! We love you. Thanks for keeping us all posted on how you are doing-we think about you often.

Addie M. said...

Hope everything is going okay, since you haven't updated for a while! We're thinking of you guys!