Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A few things

On Monday I attempted making bread by myself and it worked perfectly. I did run out of my whole wheat flour so I mixed in white flour. The loaves were big and beautiful. I happened to pull them out of the oven right before I went to get Nathan from the bus stop. He entered the house and declared "Oh, it smells like fresh bread!" He then asked if he could have some for a snack and didn't even want to put anything on it because it is good just like it is.


I realize I haven't posted pictures in awhile. I have a confession to make - I didn't take one picture for the entire month of March. How is that possible? I guess we took so many pictures in February that I didn't get around to it? Anyway, in an effort to save even more money I have (since Nathan was a baby) taken my own pictures of the kids so as to avoid the expense of going to a studio and ordering expensive pictures. I have done a decent job. I am absolutely not a professional but I enjoy the pictures I have taken. While my mom was here we took the kids pictures and I think the individual ones turned out well. The pictures with the three of them bombed and didn't work at all; but, that is the beauty of taking the pictures on my own - I can always do it again. The other thing I do (which I happen to think is very smart) is order the pictures from Sams Club online. I can have the pictures sent anywhere in the country where there is a Sam's Club. So, I had mine sent to Asheville and Ryan picked them up after work. Sandy's, Rosie's and Beadle MI house were sent to the a Lansing location and Sandy picked them up. Chad's, Justin's and my parents were sent to the same Lansing location the next day (so as not to mix up the orders) and Chad picked them up. Beadle FL house was sent to Sarasota. When ordering the pictures online it also allows you to pay for them with a credit card so those picking them up can just get them and go!










5 comments:

HatchFamily said...

I love the pictures! You do a really good job. I would like to get into that some day.

maureen6545@gmail.com said...

I agree, great picture. Oh....and the kid's pictures too. LOL Really that bread looks scrumptious. Some especially photographic kidlets there, and I'm sure I'm not being partial!

Ruth said...

I want to try your bread. It looks great!

Carrie said...

Great pictures! I want your camera!!!

Carrie said...

I hit publish to fast...Your bread looks AMAZING!!! Great job.