Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Other Side of the Road

My dad was admitted to the hospital yesterday because of chest pain. After some testing it was determined that he had a heart attack a day or two before he went in. He was transferred from one hospital to another last evening.

Immediately I started texting my mom all of these things she may not have thought about and not to worry about contacting me that I would get my info from my brother, etc. Then it hit me, I just need to sit back, let her make decisions and wait for information in whatever manner I receive it. One of the things I disliked the most was when people told me what to do, think, what to remember, etc. So, for now I sit on the other side of the road. It is amazing how helpless one feels over here, when the road is more than ten hours away....

4 comments:

Rosie and Steve Beadle said...

Lots of prayers coming your way for your dad!!!!

The Buckley Family said...

Sorry to hear about your dad. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers today.

Lee said...

One of the hardest things in life is realizing there is no control--we all ARE really in the Lord's hands. We say it but as we get older we KNOW it--am here if you need to talk--will keep you and family in prayers--love you

Carrie said...

When it rains it pours...We will keep your family in our prayers.