Sunday, July 4, 2010

From the Mouths of Babes

I received a package in the mail from our Venice, Florida friends the McGees. One of the things contained in the package was a small journal type tablet titled From the Mouths of Babes. It is a book to record things that the kids say. (I have done a fairly good job of writing down and keeping memories of the funny/strange things that Nathan and Audrey have said. I have included some in journals that I keep and posing them to the blog.) I really enjoy this tablet because I can carry it in my purse or diaper bag and catch the things as they are fresh in my mind. So far I have two entries.

Nathan: Mom do you want to hear something true?
Mom: sure Nathan
Nathan: It pays to discover.
Mom: Where did you hear that?
Nathan: A commercial during my Life video.
(Nathan is very into animals and seems to think that you can get paid to discover animals).

I was changing Elysse's diaper and as always Audrey was looking on. Her reward: to put the dirty diaper in the diaper pail. After my job was finished Audrey happily put the diaper in...

Audrey: Poop stinks.
Mom: Yes Audrey, it does.

2 comments:

Lee said...

Glad you got the package--sorry it was so delayed--miss you a lot!

Carrie said...

Love the poop stinks comment! :) I just had to tell you that I am actually doing Weight Watchers too. And I too am doing it sans the meetings. I swear I can eyeball the ounces of a chicken breast with the best of them! :) Good luck to you too. I weigh in tomorrow but I am scared because I am totally feeling bloated...I am drinking tons of water, but I have been having a hard time hitting my points-meaning I can't seem to eat enough! But I know I have to in order to lose, so I am trying...I have worked really hard but don't feel lighter yet. That sounds so backwards, but it really is amazing that it works! I will seriously be happy with ounces at this point. I love the picture of your sweet kiddos all together and matching...It is precious!