Saturday, June 12, 2010

Celebration

Audrey wanted to celebrate the end of chemo with a Nemo cake, fruit snacks and Junior Mints. So, we gave her a little party and she was so excited!

I wanted to do something special just the two of us. After reading my friend Emily's blog and seeing that she and her daughters did manicures and pedicures, I had an idea. We went for our first pedicure together. After arriving home in the garage she also wanted to jump in the driver's seat and do a little driving.
Mommy and Me. We experienced our first pedicure together. Audrey chose a light blue nail polish and I chose pink. Audrey was able to sit between my legs and get her feet in the foot bath - then came the polish. She also had her finger nails done. By the time we made it home her finger nails weren't in the best of shape and today she hardly has any polish at all.

While we were in the nail spa Audrey made friends with everyone around us and even asked and remembered names. Then she proudly declared, "everyone likes me."


6 comments:

Carrie said...

Audrey has the greatest grin in the world! I am SOOOO happy for you guys. What a hurdle you have made it over. Sounds like you had an awesome celebration. Love the toes! I have had 3 pedicures in my life and LOVED them all!

Rachel said...

Woo Hoo! What a fun celebration!!!

The Buckley Family said...

What a fun celebration and special day for you and Audrey. I am sitting in tears knowing that your beautiful Audrey is officially fisnished with chemo! Yay for you.

The Buckley Family said...

P.S. I am in love with Elysse's hair. Too beautiful.

tempppo said...

Okay, not a comment on this post, but on the new family picture. That's the most beautiful thing I think I've seen in a long time. Thank you!

Jeanae and Mike said...

Congratulations!!! Isn't it great having a little girl to do girly stuff with? And you got 2!!! It only gets better as they get older!