Monday, October 26, 2009

Birthday

Yes, I am now 28 years old. Doesn't feel any different. I don't know why growing older doesn't bother me. This December Ryan will turn 30 and he isn't excited about it at all. I laugh at him because he seems so weird about it. I just keep reminding him that he is in a wonderful place for 30 - married, with two children, finished with his education, at a job that he loves, and of course - making mortgage payments - which means we partially own a home!
Anyway, since my birthday was on a Monday I thought I would make the most of it and have a birthday weekend! Well, I don't know if that really worked out but we did take a ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is so beautiful this time of year. We went to one of the most popular places Graveyard Fields and took a hike to the waterfall. The kids love going on hikes - especially when we allow them to carry sticks so they can "hunt and fish."

No comments: